Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA- Getting to know The Book Heroine

Welcome to my blog, everyone! This is the Armchair BEA, a blogging event for those of us unable to attend the official Book Expo America. All week there will be daily events, contests and blogger networking.
My name is Keri and I have been blogging for over a year and book reviewing since January. I love this world of readers, authors and publishers! I began my journey with my own kids book review website (www.thebookheroine.com) and then found The Story Siren who gave me so much information and guidance into beginning my own blog. Since then I have become a part of Goodreads, Netgalley, book blogger and have made many connections with authors.
A little info about me:
-I am 29 years old
-I am very happily married
-I have two rabbits
-I love books, art and gardening
-I love being challenged with a new recipe
-My dream is to live in another country
-I would love to sponsor children through Compassion International and then go visit them!
-I want to go with the Toms shoe crew to be a part of a shoe drop
-Lastly, I have a HUGE passion in changing the lunches in our country's schools.

Can't wait to meet more of you!!!

The Book Heroine

3 comments:

  1. Nice to "meet" you! I'm not officially doing Armchair BEA (too lazy), but I'm trying to visit some new book blogs this week. I'm glad to have found yours. I'll be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! I used to sponsor some kids through Compassion but I lost my job. I hope to do a Compassion trip one day, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keri !! Im happy to meet a fellow book enthusiast and blogger... would also love to get some tasty recipes from you ;)....sadly the kitchen is not my friend, but im learning since im TRYING my best not to fatten my husband with too much take out LoL what country would you like to live in? I have heard about the Toms show crew... i think it was from a documentary i watched either on the history/discovery channel...it's pretty awesome on what hes doing and it's nice to know there are many others wanting to help those in need. Keep doing what your doing because it seems to me that your doing a great deed =)
    Im glad to have the chance to meet through Armchair BEA and I hope your enjoying it too. When you have the chance, i hope you come pay me a visit as well.
    http://spadeshighreads.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea.html
    Have a great week!!
    I'm also a new follower =) and if you wouldn't mind, would you follow me as well?

    ReplyDelete